sábado, 17 de mayo de 2014

Don't give me flowers.


Being as I am, I can't avoid to have a take on everything and I actually don't want to avoid to have a take on everything. Why would I want to do that?


I respect all living creation --heck, I even respect inert creation. Well, being honest, sometimes I don't respect bugs... but hey, it's a reflex... and again, that says a lot about us humans--, that being said, don't give me flowers.

And then this was born:

I don't need a beautiful representation of an impending doom, so please, don't give me flowers. It is not me going against the currents of what is known as romantic and sweet, it's not me trying to be philosophical, I promise. Just don't give me flowers.

I've put some thought into this, I have. I do have reasons. It is not what it represents, it is a nice gesture, it is. To me, it actually goes more like this: it's lazy. God, that could be taken as profane, I need the chance to explain. It's lazy to give flowers, yes, and it's lazy to receive them as well. It's lazy love, if any at all. 

When I were to love and be loved, that one won't buy me flowers, he won't. The one who loves me will suggest we go buy some seeds instead. We'll grow our own flowers, we'll have a whole garden. We'll grow those seeds from scratch and that, that sounds like a plan. That's a love who sticks around, that's the love I need just now.

And as our garden grows with time and the years start passing by, I'll put flowers on the table. Yes, I will cut some flowers and I'll put them on a vase... and yes, he will ask me why, oh why on earth? cause he remembers what I once said. And I will reply --he knows so he grinds-- with a good reason and I, with the charm that might still be left in me, will say:

My love, some flowers have to die in order for some new ones to grow... 
the most important thing is that we still work in our garden, so it renews all the time 
and because we still have our garden, we know we'll always have flowers, 
no matter how many get cut. 
.
.


When I die, bring me a flower, 
I promise I will understand.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario