sábado, 3 de agosto de 2013

Sea Glass.

"Nature is capable of taking our abusive treatment and transform it into a master piece, giving beauty back to us.. as much as it can, it tries". -V.

Walking on the sand, taking in the greatness and warmth of the beach during summer time, perfection at its purest expression; until one step brings you back to reality, ouch! and all the sudden you're looking down at broken glass. Furious with human race and the sloppiness of our actions I breathe, profoundly, like swallowing my rage and the amount of questions that would probably remain unanswered forever; I sit, part frustrated part disappointed. As my mom and sister approach me after their own walk, I notice they carry something in their hands, like sort of over-exciting children, they show me what they've been holding.. pieces of beautiful sand-shaped glass or sea glass as commonly called. Those same pieces of glass that were trashed by us carelessly, converted into gloriously frosted gems.

I took multiple thoughts with me that day.. On how we contribute to changes in our ecosystem, how nature is patient enough to fight against our destruction, on how some are capable of seeing beauty beyond the negative, how something can both hurt and amaze us, how harmful can be shaped.. among others.. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario